Butternut Squash & Chickpea Curry
A warming butternut squash and chickpeas curry recipe packed with flavours to spice up your evenings.
When the sun starts going down earlier and the temperature drops in the evenings, we all want to snuggle under a quilt and spend the rest of the day reading a good book or watching the hit series of the moment. And in these moments, it can be torture to extract oneself from the comfort of the couch to start prepping a meal… This is why this butternut squash and chickpeas curry recipe is perfect for such cosy evenings.
Not only is this recipe a vegan delight, but it is also surprisingly easy - and yummy. Prep is kept to a minimum before you can add the ingredients to the pot and let it simmer while you read more chapters of your favourite book. Time will pass without you noticing and your hearty, spicy and flavourful curry will already be ready.
Doesn’t sound dreamy enough yet? There’s one more element to this recipe: the Golden Mellow mix, a blend of powerful superfoods that will help you de-stress naturally. This mix is not only deliciously spicy thanks to the turmeric, ginger and cinnamon, it also contains adaptogens and ayurvedic herbs to help your body relax and wind down.
Do you want to indulge some more in autumnal flavours and have something to sip on while listening to the firewood crackles? Make sure to try this homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe!
Butternut Squash & Chickpeas Recipe
Serves 4, vegan
- 2 tsp Golden Mellow mix
- 150g chickpeas
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 can coconut milk
- 200g cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium, then add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add the squash and roast it for around 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the coconut milk as well as the vegetable stock and simmer until the pumpkin is soft.
- Stir in the the rest of the ingredients (except the Golden Mellow mix), plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the curry cool before stirring in the Golden Mellow mix.
- Serve with cooked brown rice or quinoa.