Butternut Squash Soup
Low on ingredients but big on flavour. This creamy butternut squash soup is sure to be your autumn favourite.
There’s nothing more comforting than a bowl of butternut squash soup, especially on a crisp autumn night!
We love this soup for three reasons. First, you only need a couple of ingredients to make it. Second, it’s oil and dairy-free. And last but not least, it’s packed with flavour.
What makes this butternut squash soup so flavourful is onions (everyone's favourite) and a full serving of Golden Mellow mix. Packed with Ayurvedic herbs, such as turmeric, and warm spices, like ginger and cinnamon, a bowl of this soup will warm you from the inside out. You’ll also get the added benefits of ashwaghandha, which is known to help your body relax and adapt to stress.
A soup that’s comforting and calming? We’ll take two bowls of this butternut squash soup, please!
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 2 tsp Golden Mellow mix
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 can coconut milk
- 500ml vegetable broth (or water)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butternut squash, onions, and garlic on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender.
- Pour in the coconut milk and broth and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a large pot and simmer until heated through.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Golden Mellow mix.
- Season with nutmeg, plus more salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls and serve.