Red Lentils Curry
Looking for an easy weeknight dinner? This red lentils curry recipe is always a good idea - and boosts after-work-relaxation thanks to its superfoods!
A good curry or lentil dhal is one that fills you up and nourishes your body. But a great curry is packed with flavour and comforts you like a big warm hug – and that’s exactly what you’ll get with this red lentils curry.
Packed with fresh ingredients and complex flavour, this curry is bound to be your new weeknight go-to. It’s simple, quick, and a perfect make-ahead meal.
You’ll get plenty of plant-based protein and fibre from the red lentils, plus the calming benefits of the Golden Mellow Mix. This powerful blend of Ayurvedic herbs and adaptogens can help you unwind, de-stress, and leave you feeling well-rested. And your body will thank you for the natural anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric and ginger.
So, the next time you’re in need of comfort in a bowl, whip up this vegan lentil curry and let Golden Mellow work its magic!
Red Lentils Curry Recipe
- 2 tbsp Golden Mellow mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 300 g dry red lentils
- 1L vegetable broth
- 250ml coconut milk
- 230g tomato purée
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 30g spinach
- In a large pot, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic and simmer until translucent.
- Add the ground cumin and curry powder and stir well.
- Stir in the carrot and tomato and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lentils, vegetable broth, coconut milk and tomato purée and let simmer until the lentils are soft. About 20 minutes. If using, stir in the fresh spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in the Golden Mellow mix.
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy!